- Public drunkenness to be decriminalised by November 2023
- Invasion Day Dawn Service 2023 - Queensland First Nations justice officer’s new role
- Three people face Perth court charged with the murder of Indigenous teenager Cassius Turvey
- The Right To Know scheme in NSW
- Public health bodies to take over care in Victorian women's prisons
- VALS Invasion Day webinar on Zoom today - register here
- "Australia Day" parade cancelled
7:15: Marisa from Doin Time and Nerita Waight (VALS) discuss the harm caused by 'tough on crime' politics, the alternative plan for Aboriginal Justice in Victoria, how the government is dragging its feet on prison reform and what prison abolition would look like.
7:30: Raelene Cooper speaks to Eiddwen on Earth Matters about the destruction of the Woodside Scarborough Gas plant and the proposed Urea fertilizer plant are having on the Murujuga in Western Australia, solutions for the region and the need for proper consent and consultation with First Nations people in any development across Australia. Follow the Save our Songlines campaign here.
8:00: Kokatha woman, nuclear test survivor and outspoken advocate Aunty Sue Coleman Haseldine on Disrupt Land Forces and the importance of anti-weapons activism. This interview first aired on Tuesday Breakfast on 14 October 2022.