Zianna Fuad from Friends of the Earth Australia joins Phil Evans via phone to discuss LGBTIQA+ struggles, and how they intersect with climate justice work.
We also run through 6 ways to build more inclusive movements:
- Educate yourself about LGBTIQA+ struggles and share knowledge and resources.
- Challenge harmful perceptions and actions, especially if you’re straight and cis-gendered.
- Never assume identity - invite people to share if they feel safe to do so.
- Use inclusive language - in meetings, and in your campaigning, and organising materials.
- Be deliberately inclusive.
- Turn up and be good comrades.
Meanwhile check out the awesome work happening up at Camp Nunguu.
Also check out these other great sister shows on 3cr celebrating all things queer: