Image description: Nawa is in front of a citrus tree, holding their right arm above their head and the back of their left hand is turned towards the camera.
In Episode 5, Carly speaks with Nawa Nightshade. Nawa is a herbalist, somatic coach and community organiser. Their healing practice is centred on anti-oppressive praxis that works to address systemic harm, informed by decolonial activism on the front lines, with respect to all who have fought and lost their lives for collective liberation.
Groups Nawa encourages listeners to follow & join:
- AntiColonial Asian Alliance - Naarm https://www.facebook.com/AAAKulinNation/
- Bipoc Talking Wellness - https://www.facebook.com/bipoctalkingwellness/
- Elder Solidarity Network - https://www.facebook.com/Elder-Solidarity-Network-109584284025663/
Funds to donate money:
- COVID-19 Victorian First Nations Mutual Aid Fund - https://chuffed.org/project/covid-19-first-nations-fund?fbclid=IwAR2Oajkb28Jvb-rx4vN2ocDu4kLQXkZldjSSvo20wGd5US_utd2d0VC01P0
-Undocumented Migrants COVID-19 Fund - https://www.gofundme.com/f/undocumented-migrants-covid19-fund?utm_source...
- Philippines COVID-19 Mutual Aid Fundraiser - https://www.gofundme.com/f/philippines-covid19-mutual-aid-fundraiser
Resources to learn more about somatics, herbalism and care work: